Ipsun Solar provides home battery storage solutions for the residential and the commercial market. Paired with solar, a system for storing energy can let you truly use your solar all the time, dramatically reducing reliance on fossil fuels and the grid.
Storage solutions can meet a few different kinds of energy goals. The most common purpose for battery systems integrated with solar energy systems are:
There are many types of batteries on the market. These vary in both the chemicals they use (and their safety factor and weight related to their chemistry) and in the target applications they are used for, whether grid tied or off-grid.
Energy storage means taking full advantage of the solar energy system you love, throughout the day and year:
- Rather than using utility energy from fossil fuel and nuclear sources part of the time, you can actually use your own solar virtually all the time. Looking to be 100% renewable? A battery is essential so you can store any surplus solar power and keep from sending any of that good solar energy to the grid.
- True self-sufficiency and energy autonomy
- Did you know that the 30% federal tax credit that solar has also covers battery backup systems used for storing solar? Now you know!
- Skip the noise and smell of a generator. (Full disclosure: There are some models of battery that emit a beep or ping, make switching sounds, and have a fan running that makes a sound comparable to a running fridge. But honestly, we just place these away from your main living areas and it’s a lot better than a rumbling generator!)
- Warranty on the system and installation labor
Did you know that Maryland offers an energy storage tax credit? It’s valued up to $5,000 in incentive dollars and applies as long as the battery is at the taxpayer’s primary residence. Learn more about the homeowner and non-residential energy storage incentives in Maryland. Read about including your energy storage installation purchase in your federal solar tax credit filing as well! (We do not give tax advice, so we recommend seeing your accountant.)
Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer
Our staff are qualified through Tesla Powerwall certification to provide expert system installations.
Learn more about Tesla Powerwall and reach out to us anytime to get the ball rolling on your Tesla Powerwall installation, paired with solar and any needed electrical upgrades.
We look forward to helping you use your solar at all times and back up your home for security in an outage.
Email us at [email protected] to request an energy storage quote!
Solar plus battery backup is a proven match and we have electricians ready to take on your project.
Let our energy consultants walk you through some of the great products we have available and make up a free proposal for you.