Under the direct supervision of the Director of Administration & Finance the Accounting Clerk/Office Assistant will provide accounting, administrative and project support, and daily worksheets to the general ledger system. They will ensure files are complete and maintained as needed, handle accounts payable duties, and assist accounting personnel.
- Prepare, proof and edit documents, correspondence, spreadsheets and reports as directed ensuring accuracy and meeting all established deadlines.
- Answers and direct phone calls, take messages, and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Assist with ordering office supplies, secure maintenance of office equipment, establish and maintain filing system, sort and direct mail, and maintain an accurate calendar. Providing high quality customer service using professionalism, confidentiality, and good judgment is required.
- Maintains fiscal/accounting records and transactions (e.g. invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, receiving documents, calculations, extensions, verifications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. invoices, general ledger reports, purchase order, payment receipts,expense reimbursements, supporting documentation, open purchase order reports,vendor history reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities,providing written reference, conveying information and/or complying with financial, legal and administrative requirements.
- Manage the conference room calendar
- Great attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality. * Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Be able to work creatively, independently and collaboratively as a team member and be able to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or business school or any combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of office/administrative experience with increasing responsibility.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of accounting clerk experience with increasing responsibility.
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office products
- Demonstrated proficiency in business writing and oral communication using correct grammar.
- Proficient and accurate typing skills.
- Solar Energy experience strongly encouraged
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work is primarily indoors
- Performing duties and attending events outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs
- Incumbent may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among office personnel
Required Physical Abilities
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents
. * Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in hand-written forms, and printed on paper.
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location. 1826 Jefferson Place NW, Third Floor, Washington, DC 20036
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday